Monday 27 September 2010

Busy

I've been very busy. Oh yes, I have.
I've filled my days with chores and work, jobs that have needed doing but I've never had the time.
Jobs that need doing before winter sets in, before the family get home, before the light fades.
Get up and straight into the action, rush here, grab that, dash off, fill my hours with 60 minutes of busy.
But I'm sat here now thinking of all the stuff I've missed today. I almost missed coffee with my wife at lunchtime because I was so busy. I almost missed chatting with my daughter on the way home from school because I was too busy thinking about cooking tea when I got in. I missed the sunset because I was too busy doing something else.
Do you know - it's nearly October and I can only account for about three months! All the rest of this year has been swept away in a blur of busy. That's time I'll never get back!

So, take a tip from me - make sure your not so busy that you miss your life passing by. Take a few moments every now and then during the day to pause, take a breath and take stock of what's going on. "Be present in the moment." as Zen Buddhists say.

No comments:

Post a Comment