Saturday 9 February 2013

I Can't Believe it's February!!

There I was, basking in the afterglow of the Christmas/New Year fallout, and suddenly it's February!
Almost Midwinter.  Then it'll be Spring in a few weeks, closely followed by Easter, and the clocks going forward.  Whilst I'm looking forward to the new buds, spring flowers, new life and the promise of summer, I also don't want my life to rush away too fast.
I'd quite like to languish in the cold and dismal-ness of Winter, thank you.  Like a thirsty person waiting for a drink of water, I would like my time to drift by slowly, as time was intended to pass, building an expectation of what is to come. What I don't want is my time to flash by unnoticed - hurrying along so fast that before I know it, my life is over and I've missed the cool bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment