Tuesday 18 December 2012

Christmas Cheer


Christmas is fast approaching and we as a family are all organised – no last minute rushing about for us.
I know that, to some people, that’s what Christmas is all about – the hectic bustle and mild panic of last-minute shopping, trying to get stuff wrapped up the night before, remembering at the last minute to post the overseas cards.
Not for me, thank you.  I fall into the Bah Humbug category – and am fortunate to have a very organised wife.  We have Christmas well under control from about June onwards, and if we actually hit December and the decorations are not up, the cards have not been sent, the presents not wrapped and the shopping done, then there’s something seriously amiss.
I don’t really enjoy Christmas – too much fuss and fake goodwill.  A good excuse to eat too much, drink too much and watch the usual roll-out of Christmas specials on the TV.
So, to all you people out there, please allow me to wish you a very Happy Christmas – I hope it brings you whatever it is you are looking for – be it Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All, or another glass of wine to go with the turkey sandwiches on Boxing day!


No comments:

Post a Comment