Monday 19 April 2010

First Attempt (draft)

Where do I start?
What's the first thing people write on Day One of their blogging experience? Hello?
Welcome to my Blog?

At the moment I'm struggling to see what possible interest there might be in what I have to write - but then I live in a world where sometimes the most mundane things are of spectacular interest.

So, why am I doing this?
Well, firstly - I'm tired of talking to myself. Not that I have to, of course. There are plenty of people around me I could talk to - people that would love nothing more than a meaningful conversation. No, I'm talking about that inane drivel that circulates in my head that basically doesn't see the light of day. Stuff too trivial to try working into a real "live" conversation.

And secondly, as the title says, it's an exercise - an experiment - and I suspect it'll be a futile one.
But only time will tell.

So, explanations over, time for an Introduction.
My name is Gladiator.
Nooo, only kidding.

I'm Collywobs. I'm a male in my 40's, resident of the UK, employed meaningfully and happily.
Husband and Father, friend to few, aquaintance to a few more.

I only share that information because I don't want anyone to be mislead into thinking I'm something I'm not.

I find myself actually afraid of talking to strangers - not because I'm afraid of what they might do to me - I can look after myself - no, but because I'm afraid of what they might fear of me. Do they think I'm after something? Will they automatically assume I'm trying to lure them in for some deviant purpose? Or, worse still, convince them to part with their cash or identity for my own selfish gain?

Well, let me just make it clear from the start. I'm not.
But then again, if I were - would I admit to it? Maybe this is a bluff? A double bluff??
Or maybe it's just what it is - the simple truth.

OK, I think that's enought for now. Maybe by the time I come to write some more, it'll actually be something interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment