Tuesday 18 May 2010

Inspiration

Inspiration - such an awesome thing. Where does it come from? The Heart? The Soul?
Two of my favourite pieces of inspiration are:

Desiderata - by Max Erhmann
and
If - by Rudyard Kipling

Edgar Allen Poe, Arthur Conan Doyle, Ian Fleming.
Einstein, Galileo, Leonardo-da Vinci, Stephen Hawking.

Captain Scarlet.

The list goes on.
Nature inspires me too - The Weather, The Landscape - Where I live. Where I can go? - how I can get there? Physical travel - bus, train, aircraft, boat? Or Electronic travel? Email, Internet, browsing, surfing? What about TV and Film?
Aliens, Star Wars, Star Trek, Avatar?
X-Files?
Hackers, Swordfish??

24, LOST??? Discovery channel? History Channel?
What bout all those Home-makeover, DIY, Shed-Head programs?
The Salvager, Restoration Man, New Yankee Workshop.

What about Nature programs?
David Attenborough's Blue Planet? Planet Earth??
Michael Palin's Around the World in 80 Days, Pole to Pole, Himalayas?

What about the great explorers, scientists, painters, poets, diarists?
The Greeks and Romans - Pliny, Plato, Plasticine?
OK - that last one wasn't an ancient Greek or Roman, but is inspirational!
Plasticine, LEGO, Meccano.

Each of us find our inspiration in different ways. My wife inspires me, and my daughter inspires me. Most things actually inspire me!
: )

No comments:

Post a Comment